From: David Campbell [via U2 (UniVerse & UniData)]
<ml-node+s1073795n42277...@n5.nabble.com>
To: Will Johnson <wjhon...@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Dec 11, 2013 2:05 pm
Subject: Re: Exporting to File regularly

        Wow, overwhelming response to this question, thank you VERY MUCH for
all of your idea's, I have a lot to process and decide what I can achieve... as
a bit of background that I probably should have included, I am running UniVerse
11.1.9 on an IBM AIX 7.1.1.15 box.

So far Bruce Decker seems to have the most appealing option if I can get it
going, I'm sure I be full of more questions than answers in a few days, I just
hope making this script doesn't make me the go to guy at work when someone
needs weird universe stuff done... *gulp*

Oh and its a database that is populated by a contact form from a secure website
which then alerts the old terminal sessions that this business used in the
past, but since they switched to a web interface for the software and hardly
anyone uses the terminal full time any more the items sit there sometimes for
hours before a response, so yes I want to be spammed by this all day long, and
once it works I can point that spam at a receptionist or two :)

The problem with notifying just on changes, is the file changes every time an
individual reads a record and marks a particular record as "READ" for that user
by removing their name from the "users who have not read this yet" column, the
file size never changes unless it needs to grow and when records are deleted it
simply fills with junk, which I take it is a standard universe thing it does,
at this point the numbers appear sequential but that is best guess sigh.

The vendor is incredibly secretive, they wont tell me how it works and their
NDA says I am not allowed to memorize how their interface works... WTF so YAY
obscure software that we cant leave because we are backed into a corner! /end
rant

Anyway thanks for all the help guys, so glad I found this place!

http://u2-universe-unidata.1073795.n5.nabble.com/Exporting-to-File-regularly-tp42264p42277.html

                To start a new topic under U2 - Users, email
ml-node+s1073795n3...@n5.nabble.com
                To unsubscribe from U2 (UniVerse & UniData), click here.
                NAML