From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Bobby Worley
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 12:02 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] BASIC code - upper, lower, CamelCase, what say you?

First off - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

I'm starting to write a lot of new BASIC (Universe 11.1) subroutines for our
DesignBais application, and since I'll be starting with a blank code
template instead of modifying existing code, and I thought 'hey why not join
the 21st century' and make the code look more mainstream, and readable.
(falling back on our last TEXMUG presentation by Clif Oliver on
refactoring).

And considering Universe 11.2 now supports local subroutines and functions,
I should make the code look and behave more object-like.

Does anyone know of a set of rules or guidelines on how to do this?    Just
experimenting briefly, Universe BASIC compiler will allow any mix of cases
for keywords, but variables are case sensitive.  Example:

>ED BP TEST
ABC=1
Abc=2
abc=3
PRINT ABC
Print Abc
pRiNt abc
stop
end

>RUN TEST
1
2
3

So, how are developers mixed case in their code these day? Do keywords,
local variables, common variable, equates follow a standard method?

thanks in advance,