To make APP.PROGS/EXIST work for UV, I believe you would change the number
52 to 12 and recompile/recatalog. That is decimal location where UV seems
to store the number of subroutine arguments within the object header.

The subroutine would place the number of arguments correctly in STATUS() to
be referenced by the calling routine.

Cheers,

LeRoy