insert a line with a space at the beginning.  You can verify this by doing
the following:

A<space>X

You will notice that the "X" is indented by one space.

As others have noted, to actually insert a blank line with nothing in it
you would have to use the ` character as in:

IB<space>`

or

I<space>`

Kind of picky perhaps but in some cases the difference matters.

Scott Howder
Assistant CIO
Cedarville University
howd...@cedarville.edu