Hello,

I've encountered a strange error.  I've created a
dictionary element which calls a UNIBASIC subroutine,
parsing a record and returning a date. (Compiled in P
mode)

The DICT item works fine in ECL (ECL TYPE P).

When I try to make use of the dictionnary item from
within a PROC, the following happens:

----
In /unidata/LIBRAIRIE.BP/ABCPROG/ABCPROG/_DT.DIRA at
line 30 can not find object
/catalog file: 'CPROG/ABCPROG/_DT.DIRA'.
Child write to pipe error.
---

Now since my subroutine was the same name as the DICT
Item, I thought there might be a conflict with the
name.  I renamed my dictionary item, giving it a
bigger name.  After I did this, it no longer worked in
ECL.

A colleague of mine managed to replicate the problem
using a different subroutine.  It would crash from the
ECL level in an account where he had just logged in.
It wouldn't crash if he did this first:

:ED VOC VOC

(followed by an EX:) to exit.

We are using Unidata 5.2.  Running on HP-UX

"The message line 30 can not find object
/catalog file: 'CPROG/ABCPROG/_DT.DIRA'."

Is truncating the fullpath of the catalogued
subroutine.  The full path is something like this :
/unidata/LIBRARY.BP/ABCPROG/ABCPROG/_DT.DIRA

Anyone else experienced something like this before ?
We did try "CD"  (compile dictionnary).

JG