Title: SAMBA and VPN

Morning, all.

We are having a problem with users unable to access SAMBA shares when using VPN. I am sharing directories on our 2 HP Unix boxes (HP-UX 10.20) using SAMBA 2.0.7. Locally connected users can open the shares quite happily, but anyone connecting through VPN (including me) is faced with "\\hp-cad  is not accessible. The network name cannot be found."  We have been using both the Intel and Cisco VPN clients with the same result. This problem has been with our facilities management provider for several weeks with no result.

Anyone have any ideas ???

Thanks,

David Norman

Senior Systems Engineer