From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of George Gallen
Sent: Wednesday, 4 February 2004 5:22 AM
To: 'U2 Users Discussion List'
Subject: RE: Document scan and retrieval (looking for software)

another less integrated option (sorry if it was said before, I didn't catch the beginning of the thread).

Use whatever method to scan/import as a bmp/jpg. Base64 encode the file, and store it in UV.

Then Uncode the file, save it's original extension, and launch IE with that filename for display

If this is running under windows, you could pull from UV encoded, decode, save to \Temporary_files

and Execute IE, all from a program.

I don't know if PCpaint can import an image from a source other than a file, I know one of my

image manipulation software packages that came with an old digital camera (I think's it's by Adobe)

will allow me to import from my scanner, or camera, or file.

George