Oh RIGHT!! DUH!!! I am very sorry that I made this error. I had forgotten that those values are hardbaked at compile time into universe and can't be changed onsite.

In any case, the problem appears to be that the shmget system op is failing for some reason or other.

Also, check that no existing 0xACEE**** segment exists (i'm sure this has been done).

At 10:03 AM 02/17/2004, you wrote:

   I am at a loss to find these parameters to give you an answer.
I have scoured uvconfig and the HP kernel for these setting and
come up empty. Could you clue me where to find these settings.

Barry Rogen
Senior Programmer
PNY  Technologies
(973) 515 - 9700  ext 5327
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_________________________________
The quality of a person's life is in direct
proportion to their commitment to excellence
regardless of their chosen field of endeavor
                                           vince lombardi
_________________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Glenn Herbert
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 9:47 AM
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: Re: UV - NLS

Barry,

Sounds like the NMEMOFF value is not correct.  What are yourDMEMOFF,
PMEMOFF, CMEMOFF and NMEMOFF values?

At 09:34 AM 02/17/2004, you wrote:

>      I am attempting to install and activate NLS on a UniVerse system,
>10.0.19 on an HP-UX 11.0 box. We just recent upgraded from 9.6.1.14 to
>10 by recommendation from IBM. They said 10.x was a better ground to
>work from for NLS.
>      My problems is activating NLS - changing NLSMODE in 'uvconfig' to
>'1'. When I do make that change...
>      uvregen  and uv.rc stop work fine. When I  uv.rc start, I get the
>message
>      "Unable to get National Language Support shared memory segment"
>
>     I have unistalled and re-installed NLS multiple times. I (with the
>help of IBM) have gone through the uvconfig and HP kernel setting for
>a problem - no problems found.  Lo though I have tried, I can not get
>to activate NLS without the error message
>      "Unable to get National Language Support shared memory segment"
>
>     IBM seems to be totally befuddled, stymied and confused by this,
>Any assistance, thoughts would be appreciated.
>
>    Thanks  very much
>
>Barry Rogen
>Senior Programmer
>PNY  Technologies
>(973) 515 - 9700  ext 5327
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This e-mail message from PNY Technologies, Inc. is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.