Anthony Youngman wrote:
Did you run HS.UPDATE.FILEINFO?

Have you put the correct SQL type definitions in fields 8?

Did HS.UPDATE.FILEINFO actually work correctly! THAT'S A BIGGIE!

I've shoved a little article on pickwiki you might want to look at -
multivaluedatabases>universe>odbcaccess

Cheers,
Wol

Thanks for pointing me to the pickwiki. That was a lot easier to follow than the UV documentation. I made sure the correct SQL types were in attr. 8 of all the dict items. I had previously cleared the entire dict and put in only the things I needed (I copied the live file to a separate ODBC-only account), so I only have a handful to worry about. I also manually added the file to HS_FILE_ACCESS. I used the verbose version of HS.UPDATE.FILEINFO from the wicki and there were no complaints about this particular file. Still can't get this file to be seen though. HS.SCRUB does give an error message on all the I-type dict items and I'm not sure exactly what it's telling me. I get this message:

CUST.CITY was analyzed using VARCHAR(254) for a data type
* Invalid conversion code '                   '.

And here's the I-type:

0001: I
0002: TRANS(CR,@ID[8,8],21,"X")
0003:
0004: CITY
0005: 20L
0006: S
0007:
0008: VARCHAR

The I-type is referencing a file that's a Q-pointer to a non-SQL file in another account. All the other I-types it complains about point to the same file. The only other potential problem I can think of is since I'm using a stripped down version of the actual dict, there are attributes in the data portion that now have no corresponding dict entry. Could this be a problem?

Thanks,
John