You really don't want to read a binary document into your app.  It's
relatively easy to create a COM Add-in for Word which can be controlled from
any MV environment over any OS.  See http://nebula-rnd.com/products/doc.htm
as an example of what can be done in this area.

I've been thinking about creating a simple version of NebulaDoc that does
nothing more than basic string replacement rather than supporting all of the
other Word functions.  This would facilitate these very common mail-merge
type requests.  Inquiries welcome.  Same thing can be done with Excel.  I
already have an inquiry about this for using Word with QM from LadyBridge
and a couple for D3.  I just need a few more confirmed requests to kick me
over the edge.

Tony
[EMAIL PROTECTED]