> Is there a way of starting windowsprograms on the users PC from a Unibasic
> program or do I need Wintergrate or some other tool to do that?

You need a proficient terminal emulator. Wintegrate could be one option of
many.

> I would like to send a invoice number away to an invoice archive on MS
> sql-server to get a pdf copy of the invoice in an Internet Exploreror
> acrobat reader window.

The simplest method to open a pdf is to write the pdf to a server then send
the URI of the pdf to the emulator via an escape sequence. For example, to
open a pdf in your browser using ftp using Netterm: CRT
CHAR(27):'[]ftp://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/invoice12345.pdf':CHAR(27):'[0*'

My personal preference for emulators is Netterm. http://securenetterm.com.
It supports the ability to open URIs, kick off programs on the client as
well as more sophisticated functions. It's free to evaluate (with no expiry
time) and if you decide you want to buy it it's about US$30 for 1 and gets
cheaper by the dozen.

Regards,
Stuart

This email message and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of addressed recipient(s). If you have
received this email in error please notify the Spotless IS Support Centre (61 3 9269
7555) immediately who will advise further action.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses.