From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Anthony Youngman
Sent: Monday, 8 March 2004 11:54 p.m.
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: RE: How to safely kill a runaway unidata process

My experience is that the standard techniques don't work!

The way I kill rogue processes like this is, on the server, go into task
manager. Right-click the process. Do NOT select "kill process", it won't
work. Instead, select the other, "attach debugger", option. The process will
promptly do a "Dr Watson" and die.

Cheers,
Wol

The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.