A few weeks ago, we upgraded to Unidata 6.0.  Since then,  we are getting
several defunct processes.  The pattern is the same every week.

We stop/start unidata on Sunday.  On every other night, we only
pause/resume.  Since we upgraded, on Thursday and Friday of each week,
several dozen processes go into a defunct state, with smm as the parent
process.  These processes die when unidata is stopped on Sunday.  Other than
occupying space in the process table, they do not seem to be causing any
problems.

Is anybody else getting a lot of defunct processes?

Charlie Rubeor
Unix/Database Admin
The Wiremold Company
800.338.1315 x3498