Suggestion in place.

I didn't look/test the second locate.  But you'll probably have the same
problem.

Hope this helps.

Roger Glenfield

try
  LOCATE V.DATES IN X.DATE.LIST<1> BY "AR" SETTING LOC ELSE
---on Pick flavor at least, your code doesn't work
--I feed the code this sequence of dates, 13219, 13224, 13223 and they don't
come out 'ar' sequenced.
--switch to my code and I then get 13219, 13223, 13224