George,

The best general source for RFID information that I know of is at
www.rfidjournal.com.

You may find some concern in your application regarding  privacy issues (see
articles at:

     http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/811/1/2/

and

     http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/view/144/1/1/.

If I come across anything more specific to your request, I'll forward it to
you.

I'll be interested in the outcome of your project.

Rgds,

Dave

Dave Taylor
Sysmark Information Systems, Inc.