From: Ken Wallis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 1:41 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [UD] RFS and SAN storage

Although there aren't many people here who make use of UniData's RFS
facility, I know there are a few.  I'm hoping that one or two of those might
have some experience (good or bad) of setting up RFS files which are
physically located on a SAN rather than on local disk.

A client of mine is has a policy that all application data should, where
possible, be stored on their EMC SAN instead of on local disks.  They don't,
however have a machine I can use for testing at this point that can access
their SAN storage.

At the moment this client is on Tru64 UNIX, and we know that there is no
problem with UniData recoverable files on Compaq SAN storage, but the
direction is away from HP/Compaq Tru64 and towards either AIX or Solaris
utilising EMC SAN storage via Veritas.

Has anybody either had this working, or tried to make it work and failed
miserably?

Current UniData version is 5.2, will move to 6.0.8 or higher probably at the
same time as switching to SAN disks.

Cheers,

Ken