At 01:40 AM 3/24/2004, you wrote:
A client of mine is has a policy that all application data should, where
possible, be stored on their EMC SAN instead of on local disks.  They don't,
however have a machine I can use for testing at this point that can access
their SAN storage.

We have another customer running HPUX/Service Guard/RFS/ EMC Disk array.

It is a real nice setup as they have 2 systems in a hot standby configuration that the EMC disk can float between. In fact, they can mount a 3rd mirror copy on the secondary system to look at data at any given time if they choose. Configured as a hot standby, UD is installed locally on each machine configured identically. The data files and rfs logs float between them on the EMC array.

With the MC Service guard they can TOC a system (Transfer of control) at a drop of a hat and be back up and running on the 2nd machine very quickly. The 2nd machine grabs the ip address of the primary and people just have to log in again and pick back up where they were.

One of the slickest RFS implementations I have ever seen. Allows instant recovery from major hardware failures on the computer and the EMC is fault tolerant so they don't worry about it going down.

Doug Miller [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Strategy 7 Dallas TX