Dear Group,

I am on a random basis, getting an unusual problem with user's UniData Telnet login
ID's.  Just yesterday, I had a user who was unable to login into our system.   He did
not change is password, nor was his login ID disabled or deleted.

When I try to reset his password, the same problem.  I disabled is old login ID and
created a new one for him, but the same results.
Then I deleted is old login ID and create a new login ID, using the same login ID as
the old one.  Again, same results.

Finally, I created a tempxxx, where xxx = the users name, and this worked.  But, when
I tried to copy the "temp" login ID to create an ID according to our standards, the
copied ID did not work.

My questions are the following:

*  Has anyone else experienced something like this?
*  What could cause this?
*  Finally, how to fix this.

We are using UniData 5.1, which is running on a Windows NT 4.0 platform.  Just to let
you know, even though my job title is systems administrator, I am more of a database
analyst/programmer.

Any suggestions, advice, thoughts or comment will be greatly welcomed.

Sincerely,

Grant W. Boice, Jr.
Systems Administrator
Benchmark Electronics, Inc.