From: David Wolverton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 March 2004 1:19 AM
To: 'U2 Users Discussion List'
Subject: RE: SB error

This would tell me that you have two programs running:

Session 1 locks Record A
Session 2 locks Record B
Session 1 WANTS to lock Record B, and holds, awaiting the lock release
Session 2 NOW Wants to lock Record A - if this happens, DEADLOCKS occurs -
neither program will ever be able to progress.

The system detects this, and kills Session 2 'for the good of all' -  used
to be 'in the old days' you'd just have two sessions sitting there forever

Your best way to prevent Deadlocks is to ensure programs ALL lock files in
the same order.  In this example, Session 1's program locked A then B, while
Session 2's propgram locked B, then A.

That's a deadlock waiting to happen.