Greetings one and all,

I am trying to put together a demo application using UniObject for Java. I
would like to be able to create a statement that selects names that start
with "SMI". In Unibasic I would use the following statement:

SELECT UBFMSTR WITH LAST.NAME = "SMI]"

The Java statement I used is:

uCommand.setCommand ("SELECT UBFMSTR WITH LAST.NAME = ""SMI]""")

and

uCommand.setCommand ("SELECT UBFMSTR WITH LAST.NAME = 'SMI]'")

and

uCommand.setCommand ("SELECT UBFMSTR WITH LAST.NAME = \"SMI]\"")

all to no avail. The first two get syntax errors and the last one seems to
run be it returns nothing. There are over 300 records that start with SMI.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

TIA,

Steve Mayo
Software Engineer