U2-Users,

       As so many people have stated, no one could ever replace Clif.
   As a result, we at U2UG.org are establishing a group of people (with
   Clif's help) to collectively try to carry the load. Since Clif has
   committed to closing down the lists, the Establishing Board the U2
   Users Group is offering to assume the hosting and moderation of the
   u2-users and u2-community lists that are currently at oliver.com. By
   making this offer U2UG is also stating our commitment to the Freedom
   principles the lists have always enjoyed. The lists will remain
   Free/Gratis and Free/Libre (what Clif referred to a "free as in
   beer" and "free as in Freedom"). Specifically, there is no monetary
   fee for joining the lists. Also, membership in U2UG is not required
   to subscribe to and participate in the lists. All postings to the
   lists will continue to be considered to be public domain for the
   benefit of all.

Additionally:

      1. Both the technical and discussion lists will be maintained.
         They will continue to be separate, so that those who wish to
         skip the chatter will continue to enjoy that option.
      2. You will have a reasonable level of protection from Viruses
         and Spam (apologies to the Hormel corporation). Most people
         don't realize it, but Clif spends a lot of time saving the
         list from these two modern evils. One of the big differences
         between CDP (unmoderated) and U2-users (moderated) is the lack
         of pornography, fake Microsoft Patches, and enlargement offers.
      3. The one virtue that we as moderators will not be able to
         uphold is the quality and commitment of the people who post to
         this list. Everyone of you who asks, answers, or listens in,
         will have to do that part. Judging by the quality we've all
         seen up to now, that won't be a problem.

We are willing to take the baton which Clif has chosen to hand off. Now, we just need all of you to take the ride with us. Clif will provide us, as his heirs, with all the current subscribers. There will be an opt-out for anyone who feels that it just won't be the same with new hands on the wheel. If you don't want Clif to pass you along, you can opt out before May 1st, but we really want to keep the group together, so please consider staying.
Questions, wishes, suggestions and comments, can be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sincerely,

         Charles Barouch
         www.KeyAlly.com