It's not a "performance" issue, so much as the UI itself. I don’t believe that you can
automatically 'translate' from 24 x 80 to GUI and end up with a "reasonable" result
.... of necessity it may look 'screen scraped', UNLESS the GUI UI is "tweaked"

Ross Ferris
Stamina Software
Visage – an Evolution in Software Development

---