From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 10:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: GUI as nice as character-based

In a message dated 4/19/2004 6:36:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> This does violate your rule about zero install, but I can't think of a
real
> zero install technology ... once you consider web browser dependencies,
java
> dependencies, flash player dependencies, citrix dependencies, terminal
> emulation dependencies etc there is always *something* you need to have or
> fiddle with on the client (otherwise we'd all be shipping PCs with no O/S
> installed).
>

> Craig

You can't really have a zero client footprint.  I'd rephrase Dawn's
statement
to say that perhaps you are using client software that "the average person
would ALREADY have installed" such as a browser, a jpg viewer, a mp3 player,

etc.
Will