mono is an C# .net port for linux.
It supposed to run C# exes as is (from a windows box)
I haven't tired it yet. I still working on my "hello world" app in C# so I'm not ready to try porting anything :)

Chris

Dawn M. Wolthuis wrote:

And will this next version of .NET run fine on Linux and Mac OS?  I don't
keep current enough with MS and I know they keep suggesting they will run on
Linux and MacOS, but I'm not familiar with any projects that will actually
accomplish that.  While their .NET efforts do look like they have a lot of
things going right for them, I still don't like locking into Microsoft for
everything.  If I knew I could deploy the results of .NET development
efforts on other platforms, I'd be much more interested.  --dawn

Dawn M. Wolthuis
Tincat Group, Inc.
www.tincat-group.com

Take and give some delight today.