Thanks for the advice Charles. You definitely are right about what caused
the problem. I tested a lab system by overloading a faster box and
replicating the data to a slower box. That duplicated the error, too much
disk i/o for the slower box to keep up its normal processes i guess. When i
deleted the log file on the publisher that would not go away on its own, the
error message would not occur again until i overloaded the publishing system
again. By decreasing the time to say 5 minutes the problem would never occur
again until i increased the level of disk i/o. leaving just now to fix the
site. Thanks again for the help.
sincerely,
Jeremy

> Jeremy,
> Welcome to the group! I'm not familiar with the replication error
> you're having but it sounds like you may want to simply try making
> the replication time a lot longer. If the problem goes away, keep
> halving the time until you find a 'sweet spot'. It doesn't fix the
> problem, but it may make it go away long enough for you to find a
> real answer.
>
> --
>      - Charles Barouch
>      [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Zeus Data Integration
>      [EMAIL PROTECTED]            - Consulting services
>      (718) 762-3884 x 1             - Key Ally Voice mail
>          Mount Olympus, Home of Zeus Data Integration™
>
> Jeremy Adell wrote:
>
> >Hello all,
> >
> >The frequency of replication is 1 minute.
> > Yesterday. the publishing system, another risc running on aix 5.1 with
UV
> >10.7, began to periodically give the error message 'udr log daemon is not
> >responding, will try again' when trying to update certain files on
> >publishing system. When the error message appears, the files will not be
> >updated. A few seconds later, the same file may be updated without an
error
> >message.
> >

> --
>      Sincerely,