If all you want is to do is Access queries, then you can build the query,
then pass it to D3 through a combination of rlogin and d3tcl.  That's a
little cludgy.  Or, again, you can go through a Win32 middle-tier.  The
results can be returned to Universe through stdout or captured into a
variable for processing.  For large reports coming back, this will be an
issue and some code will need to be built around the request to page the
data back to Universe.

If you want to do this sort of thing on your own, then AccuTerm scripting
can be used to do the data exchanges.  The AccuTerm session doesn't need to
be on the same desktop as the user, and in fact you can have one system
doing the connectivity for many users.  This isn't elegant either, but a lot
of people like using familiar tools.

If you want a more elegant solution, then more coding is required.  We're
doing some development now which allows one MV platform to integrate very
closely with other MV platforms, almost seamlessly, but it's not ready yet.
If you're interested, please e-mail.

Tony
[EMAIL PROTECTED]