Hi Folks,

Twice in the past month I have had a major server, with a business
critical system, come to a halt with corruption of the VOC file. The
first incident was tracked back to the possibility of errors on the SAN.
Hardware was replaced and the file has been resized (I assume by this it
has also been moved to a different area on the disk or disks)

The following incident has no hardware indications in any log thus
making it a little hard to trace where the issue occurred. The customer
is, understandably, concerned this may happen again as unfortunately
both incidents have had a major impact on their business.

I am curious to find if any other sites have had a similar issue. Both
incidents were backward link errors in the same items. As noted above,
the file was resized between incidents and I assume is now in a
different area on the SAN. I have found nothing to date in any log on
the system. Any suggestions are welcome.

Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1A (Rev. 1885); Thu Feb 20 14:06:32 EST 2003
UniVerse 10.0.8

Thanks

David Logan
Database Administrator