From: "J Portman" <ba...@baron.com>
To: "Ubiquiti Users Group" <ubnt_users@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 12:27:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Ubnt_users] 24Ghz link Airfiber

Varies somewhat on features and antennas.

Last alfoplus2 quote I got for 2ft antennas, dual cores opened full modulation
was about 19K.

Yah, a LOT higher, but, in my view, when you get to the point where you NEED
that much backhaul, you are probably COINING money (as we are).

So, I don't necessarily go with the lowest initial cost anymore. I look at some
other things as well, TCO, reliability, service (SIEA has been phenomenal
there) etc.

14k extra amortized make only a few dollars a month difference on the bottom
line and I sleep a whole lot better with carrier grade equipment in place.

I realize my argument may not be convincing to everyone, that's what makes
America great! (:)
Still, the waste of a very, very precious resource seems almost unforgivable.

JP

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:59:41 -0700, mike.lyon wrote
> Whats the rough cost for one of those SiAE links?
>
> On Apr 13, 2017, at 09:56, J Portman < ba...@baron.com > wrote:
>

> Yah, B11 is 50% (or less) as efficient as is possible.
>
> For real data throughput and spectral efficiency, you can't beat something
> like SIAE AlfoPlus2 (4096) qam at 80MHZ) and can run XPIC so only using ONE
> frequency pair to push well over a gig with sub-millisecond latency. Sure,
> costs more, but YGWYPF.
>
> YMWDV,
> JP
>
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 11:25:14 -0500, Adair Winter wrote
> > And trashes the 11g spectrum. Put a real radio up
> >
> > On Apr 13, 2017 11:21 AM, "Tommy Adams" < tomm...@digitex.net > wrote:

> > No experience with the AF11, but the B11 will give you every bit of 1 gig.
> > We put one up 4 months ago, no rain fade and it really moved the data.
> >
> > --------------------------------
> > Tommy A.
> > Digitex.com
> >
> > 817.558.6230 V
> > 817.558.1204 F
> >
> > On Apr 13, 2017, at 11:05 AM, Tim-GM < t...@cherrycapitalconnection.com >
> > wrote:

> > Will have techs test at tower
> > Thanks for feedback
> >
> > We plan on moving or adding 11ghz for this link 24ghz would be backup.
> > Just not sure if we do ubnt, mimosa, or cambium for the 11ghz

webmail.
https://docs.google.com/a/amarillowireless.net/uc?id=0B-KeaiwIRBHEQl9leFFvVjZuWmc&export=download

> > --
> >
> > Adair Winter