Just to add to this, we have had this same issue for over 2 years now. I have
worked with Ubiquiti support and no good solution has been found. The issue I
was led to believe is hardware (processor) related and Ubiquiti has no
intention of upgrading this product. I have heard rumors about end of life but
seen nothing official. If you search the UBTN user forums you can find this
issue being discussed as far back as 2016.

I have found that if you regress back to firmware
XM.v5.6.15-sign-cpu400.31612.170908.1458.bin on both the AP and the sta(s) and
you utilize ping watchdog on both the AP and all sta(s) you can mitigate the
issue but that’s as good as it is going to get (You do lose UNMS functionality).

Unfortunately for us, we have 10 AP’s and somewhere north of 35 stations in
service (very heavy tree and foliage issues in rural Florida) and constant
complaints regarding service drops is a daily issue and has been for a few
years.

If someone has a better resolution I too would like to hear it. I have
seriously considered Cambium (excellent product) as it appears to be the only
other 900mhz (unlicensed) NLOS product out there and is supported well  however
the $3000+ AP cost just destroys any link justifications.

 <http://onlinepro.x10.bz/> Online Pro

Joe Buck - NCE / E2-02097
                                                       13 Emerald Circle

 CTO