Hi,
I can't understand why pulseaudio is standard soundserver under ubuntu.
It has many a11y related problems:
1. Not acceptable latency
2. stability problems
3. need to install a complete desktop for working sound (no easy console
setup).

The mailinglists orca and gnome a11y contain many
Messages about problems with pa.
So folks go on and remove pulseaudio completely to bring as stability
back.
Always removing pulse or building espeak is not an ideal solution.
Just me 2 cents.
Halim

--
Halim Sahin