Gnome being lighter is a good thing to know, I did another install and cleared the disk before that and I can bring mate up this time but it wasn't worth bringing up after all. I get notified wifi networks are available but can't get anywhere close enough to select one for use. The nearest I got was windows network. When I got some wifi network connection up with unity I selected a hidden wifi network and configured it. No such option available in mate so far as I can tell. This time when I did the install I had my wifi adapter disconnected and for that reason didn't install any updates either. Once the installation gets going, so far as I can tell the screen saver comes on and shuts it down unless I hit the tab key regularly throughout the install process. With unity, I remember configuring a vpn was offered and I hit uparrow and when I did that got asked for the name of my network and its password and type of network security. Once I filled all of that information in, I got myself connected.

--
It is something specific to your system if mate term is faster. It's as close
to the same thing as is possible, was actually the exact same size, and

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 09:48:04AM -0500