On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 21:29 +0100, Lisa Savage wrote:
> Hi Artwork Team,
>
> I thought I should just introduce myself.  I am Lisa Savage and I have
> been given the task of heading up the edubuntu artwork team.  I'm fairly
> new to the whole ubuntu community, so go easy on me :D
>
> I would be interested to hear from anyone who has any thoughts/ideas on
> where edubuntu can take it's artwork this cycle.

Greetings Lisa.  It is wonderful to have a point person for
the Edubuntu development!

Currently we are trying to apply the existing Ubuntu design
procedure to the Artwork cycle.

We have two current "Artists in Chief":

Ubuntu -- Frank Schoep
KUbuntu -- Kenneth Wimer

XUbuntu needs an 'official' person to step forwards, although
Mr. Mak's name has come up.

We have been working on using the specification procedure
at Launchpad to get the system up and running.

http://www.launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-art/+specs

We have been gradually evolving the process, and a good
summary of what we have achieved thus far is located
at the wiki (which we hope will centralize all the artistic
related matters into one good starting point)

http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork

The specification outline was recently updated by myself
according to Matt Zimmerman's email guidance.  You can
locate this here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs

Hope this helps.

I assume you might be able to dive into the process quite
quickly if you examine the five approved specs at the artwork
team Launchpad root.  It would be extremely helpful if you could
manage to get the Edubuntu team up to the same speed that the
Ubuntu team currently is at.

What would be extremely useful would be motifs and design
patterns.  We have a good starting point for Ubuntu here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Documentation/Philosophy

This helps anyone contributing by locating a distinct
grounding for development.

Any further questions, feel free to contact myself at any
time.  Also, I am quite certain that Ken and Frank are open
to questions.

Hope this helps, and thank you for getting on board.

Sincerely,
TJS