Hello,

On 4/19/07, Alvaro Medina Ballester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just a few words. Ubuntu = linux for human beings. Human beings =
> disctint cultures. Disctint cultures = distinct themes. Artwork team,
> start working!.

Well said! I am sure that there are many talented artists in the
Ubuntu community who could do that.

People have different tastes, different backgrounds etc. and what
looks cool to somebody may be really distracting to somebody else.
Some have art training and some just have opinions based on feelings
(like me). Variance would be great to suit the tastes of different
people - in fact, in my opinion, maybe it could be a possibility to
clean up the themes that come with the Gnome desktop, remove all the
outdated non-relevant ones, and replace them with couple of stylish
variants which vary from the boring to more brave ones. The default
theme would then be the best compromise. A theme should consist of
everything; window controls, window borders, colours, theming of
menus, possible translucency effects (alpha mask), icons, sounds and
background image - so that everything plays nice together so that they
aren't just random selection of something that happens to exist
already. The brown/orange Human theme is consistent enough that there
is no doubt that it has been done about that way, but I mean that all
themes provided with the installation should be on the same
consistency level. Even the high contrast accessibility themes should
look nice (nice shapes, etc.) in my opinion.

Couple of themes means maybe less than 7, a handy number that people
can memorize easily and that one could possibly see at one sight in
the theme selection dialog maybe even without scrolling.

Best Wishes,
Karoliina