Yeah, that's a good one. Notification area should be monochrome (or no
more than 3 colours). When you have more than 4 icons, the
notification area becomes too similar to the icons just at the right
of "System" menu. I think that just the apps icons and maybe the gtk
app buttons (save, open, etc..) should be colored.

Cheers.

Álvaro.