hi,
Am Freitag, den 09.10.2009, 14:56 +0100 schrieb Ivanka Majic:
> Maybe we could list out some requirements on the wiki?
>
> Are we talking just about a single wallpaper site for gathering and
> voting as well as a place people can go to pick up wallpapers? At last
> count we got 19 wallpapers on the CD which is great but there are so
> many brilliant ones that it seems a shame not to be able to provide
> people with a simple way of adding more.

how about some tool that integrates deeply with content from a website
but just sits as an additional piece in the wallpaper selector of the
desktop ...

for example:

the content of the scrolling window in the wallpaper selection dialog is
split in two halves (just add two headlines to the area), the top has
all local wallpapers, if you scroll down there is a section "online
wallpapers" that shows thumbnails of online wallapapers from i.e.
"wallpapers.ubuntu.com" where the top (50/100) community selected
wallpapers for a release live.

if you select a wallpaper from the bottom part it automatically moves to
the top category (gets downloaded) and is your selected background pic.

that way you can have endless amounts of wallpapers without being
restricted to CD size...

ciao
        oli