On Mar 23, 2010, at 2:30 PM, Trey Ethridge wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Thorsten Wilms <t...@freenet.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 16:03 -0400, Dea Million wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I just did another version.  Comments anyone?
>
> > http://homepage.mac.com/deazigns/bike-jersey-3.png
>

> Circle around the CoF on Right Side is too similar to the background or
> vice versa. If I try to imagine how this will end up with a person in
> it, I doubt the logo-type on the arms will work well (kinda cylindrical
> surface, bend, wrinkled).
>
> I just wanted to mention that since these are bike jerseys, typically they
> are worn tight.  Jerseys that wrinkle and flap in the wind cause drag, which
> isn't good.  I think the Ubuntu text on the sleeves looks good and would work
> well in this case.  I've seen lots of other jerseys that have text on the
> sleeves like that and they look nice.

I made the logo smaller on the sleeves.  Maybe this will help with the
wrinkling, bend.

> This approach to the lynx could be great, strong, wild, fast, but you
> should try to make the cat more recognizable.

I borrowed the image of the lynx from a t-shirt that Canonical gave away at the
last UDS.  I'd still like to find the original artist, so I can get permission
to use it.  Kenneth, would/could you help out on this?  (Apologies if this is
out of your realm.)

> Thinking of the composure of a racing cyclist, the back panel might
> actually be the better canvas.
>

> I think the back would be a good choice too.  Most of the time cyclists are
> hunched over and you don't get a good look at the front.  I think it is good
> to have something on the front, but having the lynx on the back would look
> good too.

I put it on the front because I noticed the racing numbers go on the back.
However, the following links show it on the back, above where the number would
be placed.  I made two versions, because for some reason, I don't like the
white lynx on the back.  Anyone have a preference?

> Thank you for working on this!
>

> I totally agree!  Thank you very much Dea.  This is going to be an awesome
> jersey!
> --

My pleasure.  Thanks.

http://homepage.mac.com/deazigns/bike-jersey-3a.png