On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Vishnoo <v...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 11:27 -0400, Dea Million wrote:
>> I've also been lurking on the list for a while, only to contribute when I
>> didn't have to be too technical.  Meaning, do JUST the art and not have to
>> package.
>
> Hi Dea,
> You do *not* have to worry about packaging.
> Not many here know that either.
>
> Afaik, Andrew SB has been the only one helping with packaging side for
> the community themes.
>
> We can try to get more packagers involved too. A few MOTU
> folk[packagers] have shown interest in helping too.
>
> This team just needs to be interested in doing artwork..
>
> So, Just have fun doing art, let others worry about the packaging. :)

What would I like to work on? That's simple, packaging.

Back when I first joined the artwork list, it was because I saw a lot
of great work going on that was blocked by the fact that there was no
one on the team that actually had upload rights to the archive. I
wanted to help remove that barrier by taking on the packaging work.
Unfortunately, while helping remove that barrier, I've kind of fallen
into the role of gatekeeper, at least in regards to the
community-themes package.

What would I not like to be doing? Also simple, being the sole
decision maker for what goes into the community-themes package or
other community artwork efforts.

I'm not comfortable with my position as the de facto arbiter of what
goes in or not. I'm not really an "artist" myself, and I'd rather not
be making aesthetic decisions by myself. When I stepped up back in
jaunty to take care of the packaging, I imagined my role as simply
packaging the choices made by the community/team not making the
decisions by myself.

- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio