Hi, everyone and Vishnoo

First of all, I apologize for not participating so actively in this
discussion. Not only because my English is not good enough to develop
full arguments, but mainly because I've had a season with many shows
(I am also a musician in a blues band).

Back to the question of the logo, here in Brazil, in November, I
proposed the same issue for debate. I believe that our artwork team
(as well the other teams) do not exactly need a logo, but a generic
pictogram that is capable of representing the idea of community in
which we could insert a picture to distinguish the teams.

So far, we are inclined to abandon the logo idea (that I posted here
before), in favor of some kind of stylized speech bubble as the base
pictogram. We are still studying alternatives, but you can see how
far we come, here: http://wiki.ubuntu-br.org/BlauAraujo/Artwork (the
text is in portuguese, but you can jump to the pics, which
are self explanatory).

Now, even being a discussion of the Brazilian team, I do not discard
these ideas as a submission to this team. In a sense, a universalized
system of pictograms can be very useful since it gives a visual unity
to all community environments, despite language, that Ubuntu users have
access.

That's it! Sorry Google translator, please. :)
Blau