ishwor wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:57:33 am David Ryder wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>> HARDY
>
> [ ... ]
>
>> But I really would prefer not to use Wine - does anybody know of other
>> Linux (Ubuntu) programs that are good or what I might be able to do to
>> get successful burns in Ubuntu, please?
>
> Try k3b but you need to install kde libraries as well if that's ok with you,
> give it a go once.
>
> $ aptitude install k3b;

I second this - i'm a Gnome user, but two KDE applications rock my
socks: k3b and amarok.  I wouldn't install Ubuntu without them!

That doesn't really solve David's original problem - my feel is it's
hardware or media related.  In my experience, Linux is a lot more
reliable in burning than Windows, so trying that many different apps
suggests it's not a software issue/

Paul

begin:vcard
fn:Paul Gear