2008/9/17 Null Ack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Thats what were her for, to extend Australians embracing Ubuntu :)
>
> Yes, thats what I was meaning in Software Sources. Its not enabled by
> default so if you havent changed it, it wont be there.

Just to clarify this for you Trevor, as someone unfamiliar with "Software
Sources" - when you open Software Sources, go to the right to the "Updates"
tab and click to open that.  Under "Ubuntu updates" there are four boxes.
The first two boxes are ticked and the next two should be blank.  If there
is a tick, left click the mouse on the box to remove the tick.  Then click
on "Close".

It seems that in your installation the third box was ticked - the one that
says "hardy-proposed".  The 2.6.24-21 kernel has not been released yet.

... and welcome.

Andre

As much as Ubuntu is tested across the world sometimes things slip