Public bug reported:
this was reported by an early tester of OVS 2.6 / DPDK 16.07 packages in
- the old --vhost-owner --vhost-perm seem no more to be passed to the DPDK
- OVS complains about ovs-vswitchd: unrecognized option '--vhost-owner'
--vhost-owner libvirt-qemu:kvm \
--vhost-perm 0664 \
-- unix:$DB_SOCK -vconsole:emer -vsyslog:err -vfile:info \
--mlockall --no-chdir \
--pidfile=/var/run/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.pid --detach --monitor
ovs-vswitchd: unrecognized option '--vhost-owner'
I expect this to be either of these two:
- actually those should be after a --dpdk switch to get to the DPDK EAL
commandline. Just how we describe it at
- An upstream change on OVS 2.6 now interferes and breaks the passing of these
options. A lot was changed to push DPDK config to the ovsdb so this can be
ADVANCED.md.html for most of the new other_config values.
I expect to be the second more than the first case due to DPDK
configuration being completely changed into an ovsdb based operation.
Search for dpdk here http://openvswitch.org/support/dist-docs/ovs-
But since neither DPDK nor OVS took the ownership control patches
(https://email@example.com/msg69706.html) it has
to be a delta that we add once we have final OVS 2.6.
** Affects: dpdk (Ubuntu)
** Affects: openvswitch (Ubuntu)
** Also affects: dpdk (Ubuntu)
** Summary changed:
- --vhost-owner --vhost-perm no more transferred to DPDK EAL commandlin
+ --vhost-owner --vhost-perm no more transferred to DPDK EAL commandline
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
--vhost-owner --vhost-perm no more transferred to DPDK EAL commandline
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
ubuntu-bugs mailing list