Since I cannot edit my above comment I post an update:

After writing the above post I checked the client again, just to be
sure. To my greatest surprise I found that the fec0::0:0:1::2 address
was correctly assigned to it!

Checked syslog on the server and found that the address was assigned 3
minutes a 43 seconds after the dhcp server was started and about 3
minutes after my manual attempts on the client to get an address.

Looks like we have a heisenbug here. Its probability depends on the
hardware/virtualization environment used.

I also verified (using dumpcap -xx and Wireshark) that Hyper-V does not
change the contents of the solicit packet.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1624722

Title:
  DHCPv6 does not work

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1624722/+subscriptions

-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to