** Description changed:
* Current users running Xenial will be unable to upgrade to Yakkety via
the GUI, due to missing package. The button to update basically does
* Fixing this will allow the significant proportion of users likely to
upgrade via the GUI route to do so.
* The package ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt is a required component for
GUI distribution upgrade in kubuntu, so reintroducing a dependency
ensures this is installed by default for such users.
* In software sources set the default Release upgrade path to Normal to
allow Xenial to Yakkety upgrade.
* In plasma-discover when offered the upgrade click the 'Upgrade'
button to accept.
- * Without ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt installed the upgrade does not
- launch - failing without any apparent error message to the user. In
- effect the button appears to do nothing.
+ * As tested in up to date xenial, without ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt
+ installed the upgrade does not launch - failing without any apparent
+ error message to the user. In effect the button appears to do nothing.
- * With ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt the upgrade launches and continues as
+ * With ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt the upgrade launches and continues as
+ Tested and confirmed using the updated package in
* This is the installation a missing package via an updated dependency,
which is only used during release upgrades. Therefore it is anticipated
that the regression potential is minimal. We are restoring a package
that was always intended to be installed.
Previously in wily muon-updater depended on ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt,
meaning this was installed by default.
In Xenial muon-updater became a transitional dummy package for plasma-
discover-updater, and this dependency was not carried over, resulting in
ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt not being installed by default and a GUI
release upgrade to Yakkety 16.10 failing silently to the user after the
'Upgrade' button in software upgrades is clicked.
The bug is initially filed against plasma-discover, however it may be
more appropriate to update dependencies of another package instead.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
missing depends on ubuntu-release-upgrader-qt - breaks GUI upgrades to
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
ubuntu-bugs mailing list