Public bug reported:

I'm having a very serious problem that seems related to vsync. When I try to 
play a video, using VLC or Jellyfin desktop, both to watch a movie that is in 
my NAS, GNOME Shell crashes and go back to GDM.
In the gnome shell log I got always this error:
set 26 12:42:12 glados gnome-shell[42166]: Invalid sequence for VSYNC frame info
This problem didn't happen with the GNOME Shell 51 beta. After I updated to the 
final version and restarted my machine, the problem started to happen.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 26.10
Package: gnome-shell 51.0-2ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 7.3.0-6.6-generic 7.3.0-rc4
Uname: Linux 7.3.0-6-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.36.0-0ubuntu1
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Sat Sep 26 12:42:18 2026
DisplayManager: gdm3
InstallationDate: Installed on 2021-11-26 (1765 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 21.10 "Impish Indri" - Release amd64 (20211012)
SourcePackage: gnome-shell
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to stonking on 2026-09-02 (24 days ago)

** Affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: amd64 apport-bug stonking third-party-packages wayland-session

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2168625

Title:
  GNOME Shell crashes with an error related to VSYNC

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/2168625/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to