I appreciate that hardening fixes are not always easy to test, due to their nature. A big focus on testing here, then, should be on preventing regressions for the normal, non-adversarial, case. Something that exercises the code paths that are being changed.
I see that your test plan covers that. I also see this part: "For each hardened interface, exercise it with out-of-range/invalid values from the guest and confirm QEMU rejects them gracefully instead of crashing/hanging:" If you can do that, i.e., "exercise out-of-range/invalid values" and check for rejections, great. But I wouldn't hold you to it if it becomes too complex, and I would value the other parts of the test plan more, as they focus on the code paths and normal usage. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2160034 Title: [Ubuntu 26.04] qemu s390x: interface hardening fixes To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-z-systems/+bug/2160034/+subscriptions -- ubuntu-bugs mailing list [email protected] https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs
