I agree this would be the ideal. However, placing the wifi modules in
the initrd substantially expands its size, which puts us right back in
the territory of making the initrd too large on systems where people
have upgraded over a long time (having a 256MB boot partition).

Hence, I need to be able to give people the option to easily disable
this patch if they need to reduce the size of their initrd (and are
willing to deal with the trade-off of no wifi -- which may be acceptable
in cases where people are using ethernet instead). Placing these in /etc
makes clear that people are free to edit them, if need be.

If we can get back to a reasonably slim-line initrd, I'm happy to move
these over to /usr/lib but for the stonking cycle, I'm going to stick
with /etc until the situation becomes clearer.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2168036

Title:
  Please move dracut configs from /etc/dracut.conf.d to
  /usr/lib/dracut/dracut.conf.d/

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-raspi-settings/+bug/2168036/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to