I see two problems:

1. Any custom dovecot config needs manual revisiting when going from
22.04 to 24.04. I raised this bug, as that's what the installer flagged,
but after diving into it, there are many more config params that need
changing to finish the upgrade/migration. The upgrade might check this
and warn, as it can't guarantee success in such cases. Though I'm not
sure if that is in scope for the upgrader at all.

2. The Ubuntu upgrader exited with an error message due to the Dovecot
failure and did some actions that looked like a rollback. There is no
clarity on the upgrade status after the exit. Messages on screen
mentioned a rollback, but after a check it turned out the apt config was
pointing at resolute, and it seemed the upgrade was completed (outside
the dovecot problems).

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169252

Title:
  dovecot crashes on upgrade due to "disable_plain_text_auth" being
  renamed in 2.4

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dovecot/+bug/2169252/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to