I think you raise some good points David. Regarding #1, it is currently not feasible for the upgrader to consider configuration format changes like that. I hope we can improve this in the future in some way, but for now it's not really possible. The best approach is to, as Hector suggests, read the release notes for any breaking changes between upgrades.
Regarding #2, I think this is a big problem right now, and it almost warrants its own bug (if there isn't one alright). There must be a clear definition of when the upgrade is *actually* complete, and when a rollback *really* happens. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169252 Title: dovecot crashes on upgrade due to "disable_plain_text_auth" being renamed in 2.4 To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dovecot/+bug/2169252/+subscriptions -- ubuntu-bugs mailing list [email protected] https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs
