Thanks for the update and the information on the workaround.

I wanted to confirm that I tested this on another Ubuntu 24.04 system
where I was still experiencing the problem. The currently installed and
held FreeRDP/WinPR packages are:

libfreerdp-client3-3  3.32.0+dfsg-0ubuntu0.24.04.1
libfreerdp-server3-3  3.32.0+dfsg-0ubuntu0.24.04.1
libfreerdp3-3         3.32.0+dfsg-0ubuntu0.24.04.1
libwinpr3-3           3.32.0+dfsg-0ubuntu0.24.04.1

GNOME Remote Desktop was running and listening normally on TCP/3389, but
the Microsoft RDP client on my Mac could not establish the session.

I created /etc/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/HKLM.reg with:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\FreeRDP\FreeRDP\Server]
"ExtSecurity"=dword:00000000

After restarting the GNOME Remote Desktop user service, RDP from the Mac
immediately began working again.

So I can confirm that disabling ExtSecurity is an effective workaround
for the issue on my system while remaining on the Ubuntu 3.32.0
packages.

Thanks for your help tracking this down and for getting the fixes into
FreeRDP.

Tim

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2168870

Title:
  FreeRDP 3.32 regression breaks GNOME Remote Desktop connections from
  macOS on Ubuntu 24.04

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/freerdp3/+bug/2168870/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to