> What I can do as a workaround is set "wide links = No" on the share
for the dfsroot, and leave the default as "wide links = Yes" for other
shares. Since in my case the dfsroot only contains a handful of DFS
links, this causes no problems.

This seems reasonable to me.

This bug seems to be quite narrow in scope (msdfs + wide links, only
happens in Noble). Since it is already fixed in a more recent LTS
release and the upstream patch that fixes this is not easily
backportable (i.e. I'm worried about introducing regressions), I'm going
to mark this as Won't Fix.

** Changed in: samba (Ubuntu)
       Status: In Progress => Won't Fix

** Changed in: samba (Ubuntu Noble)
       Status: New => Won't Fix

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2169021

Title:
  samba 4.19 regression: filesystem MSDFS junctions omitted from
  directory enumeration

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+bug/2169021/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to